Luos Hardware Abstraction Layer
Luos can work on a single node or it can create a network for communication between services located on different nodes. This communication should be defined and hardware-configured to fit with the chosen MCU. The files luos_hal.c and luos_hal.h define all the functions needed by the Luos library to send messages through the bus and create the initialization of all MCU peripherials.
The file luos_hal_config.h file contains a default configuration for an MCU family and can be redefined in a configuration file to fit your design. The configuration of Luos HAL is described here.
Lists of all the functions using hardware components relative to protocol communication and physical bus:
- PORT: Defines necessary pins, PTP lines, Rx/Tx, enable/disable
- TIMER: Defines timeouts for communications
- COM: Serial bus
- CRC: Validates the accuracy of the messages. CRC can be generated by hardware or software
- DMA: Used by default with COM but it can be disabled
- FLASH: Stores services' aliases in the system